Weekday 4 of our quarantine: By now the uniqueness of our “stay in” situation is starting to wear thin and stress a lot of us. So, with that in mind, today I am going to speak on: “5 Ways to stay UP in Down Times”.
As much as we may hope, life is not all ups and happy times. Let me share the economic ones I have lived thru and survived:
1973 – 1st Oil embargo I experienced at Hembrough Buick. Big car sales just STOPPED
1979/80 – Interest rates capped at 20% – not a lot of car sales then
1991 – the Gulf War & Desert Storm
2001 – 9-11 – I was doing training on the road and that became difficult
2008 – The financial collapse and meltdown
Challenging times are part of life, the above doesn’t even scratch the surface when you add personal and family issues into consideration. How well we’re personally managing these ups and downs enables us to maximize the ups and minimize the downs. Accepting that down times are a certainty, one of the things I think we should be asking ourselves is: “How do we stay Up in Down Times?”
- Media – I am not suggesting you cover your ears, stay ignorant, live under a rock, just stay informed but don’t become obsessed. Don’t get pulled into things you cannot control, focus on things you can control and replace TV viewing with maybe – READING a book, reconnecting with others or helping someone out.
- Be positive – talk positive – demonstrate HOPE. Do your best to keep your mind clear of negativity and try to replace those thoughts with positive ones. This has a “double whammy” benefit – 1st it makes you feel better and could be just what the person you interreact with needs.
- Don’t get sucked into the “Domesday” dialogue. The end result of this is needless stress and worry about things that for the most part won’t ever happen.
- Take inventory of where you are, what you have and the benefits you really should be appreciating. We can’t be grateful and possess a negative attitude at the same time. Look for things to be grateful for in your current situation. Family, roof over your head, pets, health, your job, your car, your clothes, no matter how small or large – stop what you are doing and grab your pen and paper and jot down whatever benefits – small or large – come to mind and read thru them and immediately your mindset will shift from being a victim to being grateful.
- Prayer – Belief – Hope – Trust. I have to accept the fact that with all of my talent I DID NOT make the Universe. I just occupy an itsy-bitsy space in this magnificent place. I have to remember I didn’t make the mountains, the beautiful lakes and rivers so maybe I should work on improving my lines of communication with the One that did create those things. I start my day with my devotion time, and I can 100% state the days I am “too busy” are not as enjoyable as the ones I don’t travel alone. He is with me.
Remember, when times are tough, that doesn’t dictate or describe who you are. You are not defeated until you quit. Stay positive, stay up, stay productive and if you are having tough times with this, pick up the phone and call me and maybe I can help: “Pump you UP”.
Until tomorrow – be safe and HAPPY
When it comes to replacing windows and doors – “It’s Not Rocket Science” – it take 2 things:
- Great Products
- Great Installations
Watch this video for “How to Create a Happy Customer when replacing windows & doors.“
I started working for my dad, at his car store, when I was 14. I fell in love with the car business on day #1. I loved the exhaust fumes, getting greasy, and listening to the mechanics cuss and the salesman, telling the most exaggerated stories. I loved it all. That was in 1965.
I worked for my dad for years, gaining experience in every department. Then, in the mid 80’s, I became a trainer and traveled the United States for the next 35 years. I accumulated a lot of mileage points. This enabled me to see the world with my wife Jan…all on mileage points. It was a great chapter in both of our lives. After 43 years, my greatest claim to fame is that I am married to Jan. All our children, Renee, Trevor and Meghan, live in Rockford. This career move will give me a lot more time to be with my family, more than I ever had when I was traveling across the country, on training assignments.
Fast forward to December 2019. I decided it was time for me to close that chapter on my life. Not being ready to retire, I searched for a perfect fit. After careful consideration, I chose to enter a field that I knew absolutely nothing about. WINDOWS.
January 1, 2020, I went to work for KOBYCO, INC. in Rockford. Gary Kobylarz is the owner. Gary has been in the window business for over 40 years. He has a great reputation in the industry, and in the community. He handles only the best products. I fell in love with his values and standards for quality and customer service. I am having a great time learning about new ways that I can apply my skills in sales and customer service at KOBYCO, INC.
So, if you see me around town or in church on Sunday’s, stop me and say HI. The biggest adjustment I am having is the 3 ½ minute drive to work. After collecting over 3,000,000 travel miles over the past 35 years, coming home for lunch is a BIG adjustment.
And finally, if you need help with windows, patio doors, front doors, inside doors, awnings or closet organizers – you now have a friend in the business. Please give me an opportunity to show you my new love.
How many times have you asked the customer to buy – they give you an objection – you handle it and they still fo not buy.
Frustration – waste to time – so what do you do?
You did not confirm it was the REAL Objection, that it was the TRUTH. You left this step out.
That is what this technique will teach you. By using this technique you will stop wasting time answering objections that were excuses – “get-a-way” stories or “little white lies” customers use to not buy at this time.
Salespeople spend great amounts of time becoming product specialists, going thru all of the steps just to be re-railed when the customer states: “I want to think about it.” Or, “We don’t buy on the 1st visit.” Or, “We need to shop around.”
Too many salespeople have not been taught the technique to WELCOME those comments because they now have a technique that equips them to deal with those remarks and move them closer to the sale.
This technique gives you the answers. Will make more sales for you. Will make money for you.
Recently dealerships have learned that Owner Retention has been neglected over the past years and 50+% of there customers are leaving and going to independent garages after the vehicles are out of warranty putting repeat sales at jeopardy.
NADA statistics show that if customers are having their vehicle serviced at the dealership 70% of the time they will purchase again from that dealership. When having their vehicle serviced elsewhere, that number falls to 35%.
One of the biggest problem areas is with Orphan Owners. These are customers that purchased from the dealership and the selling salesperson has quit and not following up with these customers.
In this video, Scott shares proven techniques on how to profitably follow up with Orphan Owners and make additional sales to them as well as selling additional vehicles to a salespersons current owner base.
Many salespeople would really like to get better with Social Media they just don’t know how. I work with them via GoToMeeting and help them build their own personal YouTube channel, show them how to post the most effective way with InstaGram and actually show them how to set up a productive LinkedIn account? On their YouTube channel I help them determine which videos are going to get them the most impact and push them to cart CONTENT?
I work with experienced salespeople write and design a “personal” email blast to be sent to their customers? We also create targeted campaigns for their truck buyers, pre-owned buyers and more.
With experienced salespeople one of the most common requests is “how do they prevent their pipeline from emptying out?” What they mean after coming off a 20+ unit month, how do they still have enough names in the pipeline so the following month they aren’t struggling the 1st 10 days? I show them “techniques & tricks” to prevent that from ever happening again.
CRM – most salespeople know enough about CRM’s to just get in and do the basics. I am continually showing them techniques to get the MOST out of their CRM so they can me more productive.
I SPEND TIME WITH SALESPEOPLE INDIVIDUALLY DISCUSSING ALL OF THE ABOVE – WORKING WITH THEM ON WHAT THEY NEED THE MOST HELP WITH. THIS IS WHY THIS WORKS SO FAST AND SO DRAMATICALLY.